Once you're signed up to GivePenny, you can start creating your Fundraising Challenges!
- First, select the charity you'd like to Fundraise for. We've got all kinds of charities aboard the Good Ship GivePenny; from small local hospices to household names tackling global issues, so you're sure to find a cause that speaks to you. Then click "Set up my challenge."
- If your chosen charity has set up Campaigns for their Fundraisers to join, you pick one of these to get started. Alternatively, select the leftmost option to create a custom Challenge for yourself.
- You'll then be taken to the "Choose Your Challenge!" page. These are all the campaigns your chosen charity have already set up for people to use. Alternatively, click the leftmost option to do your own thing and create your very own custom Challenge from scratch.
- Now give us the deets! You can name your challenge anything you like - so feel free to get creative and name it something fun and full of personality, or just keep it simple and descriptive. You do you. Next pick a URL, which is what will appear in the address bar at the top of the page - it'll automatically be filled with an Internet-friendly version of your challenge name, but you can change it about if you fancy. Then pick a Start Date and End Date for your challenge.
Lastly, you need to opt in or out of our email updates, and tick the box to let us know that you’ve read our guidance documents. We do recommend you actually read this instead of just skipping over it, but it’s not like there’ll be a test or anything. Save and Continue!
You'll now be taken to the Draft version of your Challenge Page. Exciting! This is the fun bit - you can customise your Challenge page as much as you like. Change the banner image, set yourself a fundraising goal, maybe choose some Milestone targets, and write your own Fundraising Story. You can even embed video!
- Penny Tip: Challenge pages are all about you, the Fundraiser. The charity you're raising money for is great, but it's you the potential donors come here to read about. They want to hear your story and see your smiling face! So take full advantage of our page customisation options to make your Challenge stand out from the crowd.
Hit publish and you're ready to go!
If you've picked a challenge that involves connecting an app, we've also got a guide to connecting your apps to GivePenny.
If you're interested in adding some friends to your Challenge, why not create your own Fundraising Team? You can do this once your page is published by scrolling down to the "Invite Team Members" box. Check out our Team Fundraising Guide for more information!